I saw this on Youtube, actually. The original tag was created by BangadyBangs, and here is the link to the original.
I thought this would translate well to a blog as well, and since it includes my fave things: books and coffee, I thought I’d do it.
1. Black: Name a series that’s tough to get into but has hardcore fans.
The Vampire Academy. Probably because of the sheer number of books.
2. Peppermint mocha: Name a book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year.
I’m not a seasonal reader…. the only thing I can think of is A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.
3. Hot chocolate: What is your favorite children’s book?
The Little House on the Prairie books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. That was my childhood. Still have my original books, as you can see by the state of them.
4. Double shot of espresso: Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.
Red Rising by Pierce Brown. For real.
5. Starbucks: Name a book you see everywhere.
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Yes, I own it. No, I haven’t read it. Because then I won’t have but one more Rainbow book to read.
6. That hipster coffee shop: Give a book by an indie author a shoutout
The Old Man and the Wasteland by Nick Cole. It is such a beautiful, deep literary read… and apocalyptic setting. It’s a great book.
7. Oops! I accidentally got decaf: Name a book you were expecting more from.
Talon by Julie Kagawa.
8. The perfect blend: Name a book or series that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying.
Stephen King’s Dark Tower Series. I am so glad this is in my life. It makes me ugly cry. It makes me tremble with sheer writerly joy and jealousy as a writer. The end is exactly what I would have it be, despite some of the things that happen. It also includes the author, which some people don’t get. I do. I understand why he put himself in his magnum opus.