This is actually something I’ve seen all over Youtube due to the release of Starflight by Melissa Landers (which I got, thanks to Amazon gift cards for my birthdays!), but I really wanted to do it. I am so in love with this new wave of amazing sci fi, and the fact it’s being led by some debut women authors is just amazing.
1. Space: Name a book that is out of this world – that takes place in a world different from our own.
So many. Most of what I read takes place somewhere else. But in the theme of the tag, I will say A Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers. Amazing book.
2. Black Hole: Name a book that completely sucked you in.
Ann Leckie’s Ancillary Justice… the whole Imperial Radch series, actually. It’s amazing.
3. Lightspeed: Name a book you are anticipating so much that you wish you could travel at lightspeed to get to it.
Morning Star by Pierce Brown. I am in love with the Red Rising series, and I am going to marathon the series, re-reading the first two before reading this one – but I have already ordered it with mah birthday monies. I read them so fast, I was so taken in and so in love, I know I missed a lot of good stuff.
4. Nebula: Name a book with a beautiful cover.
Clockwork Princess. I mean seriously. Even with that horrific sticker.
5. Multiverse: Name a companion set or spinoff series you love.
Stephen King’s Dark Tower series has a spinoff duology written with Peter Straub set in an offshoot of what may… or may not be Roland’s Midworld, called The Talisman and Black House.
6. Gravity: Name your favorite romantic pairing that seems to have gravitational pull to each other.
Hazel Grace and Gus. Don’t talk to me. Do not. Talk to me.
7. The Big Bang: Name the book that got you started on reading.
I have no idea- I was raised in a house of readers, and books were my most treasured possessions, even as a child. I think in the past I’ve mentioned the time I was sick in 1st grade and stuck in bed for weeks and my mom got me two pocket sized books, Little Women and Kidnapped. They were my first classics and definitely fired my desire to read old books. I’m really glad that my mom didn’t genderize my reading. I was encouraged to read anything and everything, and I was never held back from reading things, regardless of my age or subject.
8. Asteroid: Name a short story or novella that you love.
The Langoliers by Stephen King
9. Galaxy: Name a book with multiple POVs.
The Wheel of Time. I think there are over 1000 characters and it feels like half of them get a POV chapter. (That isn’t all of them up there, just what fit in my headboard)
10. Spaceship: Name a book title that would be a great name for a spaceship.
The Night Circus. I mean, we’d be an amazing crew of characters and we’d have a lot of fun.
The creators of the tag: and links to their videos
Kat – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfR8W77n9do&list=WL&index=26
Jesse – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2S9L…
Sasha – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoOjo…
Regan – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI_Nt…
Kristina – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G-GQ…